Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Of Mice and Gillian

The squeal on the other end of the phone abruptly ended my long awaited update from Brooklyn.
"A mouse. A mouse. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. It just ran into my closet. I've gotta go."
Click.

While I've been lamenting my empty nest, it would seem that Gillian's is not so empty.

While things around here can only be described as "quiet" - it most definitely has not been so for Gillian in NYC.
From learning the subway system, to apartment hunting, to wrestling with internet connectivity issues for her job, to adapting to the cold weather - it would seem that I've had the easier adjustment.
Heck, at least I have a bed to sleep in with Steve for a roommate.
Gillian is on a mattress with a mouse for hers.
I told her she should have taken our cat Lido with her.
I guess this gives new meaning to "creature comforts."

The next box I ship to New York will include a mousetrap.

2 comments:

  1. that is funny, but better a mouse than a "Rat"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a few days make! It sounds like Gillian could be using "those" tongs to gingerly dispose of a full mouse trap. xxoo

    ReplyDelete